Background of WPC
In 2019 CPJ, BracU facilitated the establishment of two Women Peace Cafés as the hub of civic engagement for students and experiential learning, at Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur (BRUR), and Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University (JKKNIU), Mymensingh. In 2021 CPJ initiated the establishment process of Peace Cafe at the University of Dhaka and Brac University. The Peace Café envisions empowering young students to promote a just, peaceful, and inclusive society where every human being will be treated with equal dignity and given rights.
- Improve leadership capacity of university students for promoting peace and social cohesion
- Facilitate student-led initiatives for promoting peace and social cohesion
- Enhance evidence on the role of youth in promoting peace and social cohesion
2. Participation, and
3. Protection, Relief, and Recovery.
“Empowering young women for promoting a just, peaceful and inclusive society where every human being will be treated with equal dignity and rights.”
- To promote peace, social cohesion, diversity, plurality, inclusivity, tolerance & non-discrimination
- To prevent gender-based violence, harmful masculinity, abuse & bullying, violent extremism, hate speech, misinformation among others dark spaces
- To develop women leadership through nurturing social business ideas and facilitating student-led initiatives and campaigns
- To create a bridge between students and communities in & beyond the campus as a hub of civic engagement and experiential learning
- To serve as a co-working and safe space for female students and a platform to raise voice for their rights and policy advocacy